Skip to main content
OneSearch is a discovery service you can use to search nearly all the library's print and electronic resources—books, journals, newspapers, images, and more—from a single box. It brings together each of the library's previously seperate search options: library catalog, databases, and journals A-Z, even when your search is limited to items from our own library, you are searching more than 400 million records.
Consult reference sources for context.
- Find reference sources with facts and summaries to improve your initial searches
- Use bibliographies from encyclopedia articles to identify key books, articles, and authors related to your topic
Find the right databases.
- OneSearch- Searches books, articles, audio and video files, images, governement documents, and more. All Searches
- ALEX - Catalogs books, videos, music, and other resources at Hamilton. All Searches
- Academic Search Premier - Indexes journals across disciplines. General Searches
- Subject Guides - See We Suggest sections for discipline-specific databases. Advanced Searches
- How Do I Find... - News sources, images, statistics, primary sources, and more. Targeted Searches
Keep searches simple.
- Start with a keyword search
- Enter no more than two or three words connected by the word AND
- Focus your search by using subject headings
Refine your search.
- Repeat your search after reading some of the information gathered in the previous step
- Mine the footnotes of books and articles on your topic for additional sources
Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Road, Clinton, NY 13323 • 315-859-4011 • Copyright © 2015 The Trustees of Hamilton College. All rights reserved.