An annual celebration every March, Will Eisner Week celebrates comics, graphic novels, sequential art, free speech and the legacy of Will Eisner.
Will Eisner: Comic Creator, Illustrator and Innovator
- Explore this 3D online exhibit from the Jewish Museum of Florida featuring original illustrations, first edition comic books from The Spirit series, works from his army days, graphic novels and self-portraits.
Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum at The Ohio State
- The Cartoon Library & Museum is offering many different webinars and workshops throughout March and April in recognition of Eisner and his legacy.
Eisner Week Youtube Channel
- Numerous videos containing interviews, workshops, and more.
Interview with John McShane
- Renfrewshire Library is holding a discussion between Costa Award winners Bryan and Mary Talbot and comic historian John McShane.
- Watch this event on their YouTube channel from 6pm on Monday 1 March 2021.
Free Comic Art Masterclasses
- Join Kev F Sutherland for two free Comic Art Masterclasses coming up on Wednesday, the 3rd of March, for Will Eisner Week, courtesy of Renfrewshire Libraries, aimed at those 12 years old and under.
(In)Visible Histories: Counterhistory, Race, and Visuality
- Of particular interest to comics scholars are the keynotes and closing conversation given by John Jennings and Qiana Whitted, but there is also a graduate student panel on comics.
- Professor Jennings’ keynote, entitled “Becoming the Data Thief: Notes on a Black Speculative Mythopoetic," is Friday, February 19, at 3 PM Pacific. You must register to attend.
- Professor Whitted’s keynote, entitled “All-Negro Comics and Counterhistories of Race in the Golden Age,” is Friday, February 26, at 3 PM Pacific. You must register to attend.
- The closing event will be a conversation between Professor Jennings and Professor Whitted, is Friday, March 5, at 3 PM Pacific. You must register to attend.