Skip to Main Content
How do I borrow books from another library?
Interlibrary loan requests can be made using:
- Hamilton Library Catalog - Use the "Books at Other Libraries" filter to search for and request books using the WorldCat.org database
- WorldCat (FirstSearch) - Use the "Find It" icon to self-populate our interlibrary loan form
- ILLiad - The interlibrary loan department's fill-in form
USE THE LIBRARY CATALOG
Select the thumbnail for a screencast keyed to instructions.
Borrowing from another library using the library catalog is just as fast as using WorldCat's FirstSearch interface or the ILLiad fill-in form.
- Sign in to your library account.
- Perform a search and limit it to "Books at Other Libraries."
- View the full record for an item you want.
- Select the "Request from Interlibrary Loan" link if Hamilton does not provide access to the item (see below).
- Log on to ILLiad to view the pre-populated request form.
- Click "Submit Request" at the bottom of the form.
Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Road, Clinton, NY 13323 • 315-859-4735 • Copyright © 2017 The Trustees of Hamilton College. All rights reserved.